WEEK 07 DISCUSSION QUESTION
SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES BETWEEN AN ADAPTIVE PROJECT MANAGEMENT LIFE CYCLE MODEL AND EXTREME PROJECT MANAGEMENT LIFE CYCLE A. SIMILARITIES
1. The solution or outcome is not clear for both in Adaptive and Extreme PMLC models. The Adaptive does not defined goal and little is known about the solutions. Also the Extreme has neither the goal nor the solutions defined.
2. Client involvement and feedback process is required in both models. Clients are well accommodated to express their needs and their direction for the project. However, in the Extreme PMLC, the client involvement is greater. The project direction is fully dependent on the inputs from the clients.
3. The five process groups beginning from scoping, planning, lunching, monitoring and controlling, and closing are all present in the both the Adaptive and Extreme PMLC models. Wysocki (2009, p. 465).
4. The Adaptive PMLC and the Extreme PMLC encourage discovery and learning as the iterations progress from one stage to another towards the achieving of some solutions.
5. They are both complex with high risk management.
6. However the risk in Adaptive PMLC reduces after each iteration, thus enabling the team to have clear view of the project compared to Extreme PMLC with constant risk. In Extreme the project direction can even change during the phases of the project.
7. The Adaptive and Extreme PMLC models do not waste time. They are encouraged to move in fast to enable them achieve some result. Both models require well experienced project managers because of their complexity.
1. The goals are known in Adaptive PMLC model while in the Extreme PMLC the projects have no clear goals and objectives Wysocki (2009, p. 337). Adaptive model can be used for construction industry because many construction projects have clear understanding of project goals or objectives but Extreme models cannot go for these kinds of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document