TERM END EXAMINATION, SEPTEMBER -2012
B.A GENERAL- (3year)
ENGLISH- English for Practical Purpose
Time: 3 hours M.Marks:60
Note: - Attempt any 5 questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. Use the following words in sentences:
Empty, Vacant, Environment , Neighbourhood, Employment, Job, Clean, Pure, Innocent, Criminal.
2. Use the correct form of the verb given in brackets:-
A famous trish barrister, who (be) a very witty person,
(appear) before a judge, who (not like) him and (not try) to hide the fact. While the barrister (argue) his case, the judge (not seem) to be playing any attention to him. He
(pat) his huge dog, which (sit) beside him and
(say) something to it. The barrister (stop) and looked at the judge and the dog.
2. (a) What do you understand by sentences and how many kinds of sentences.
(b) Change the voices:
1. Ram has finished his work.
2 .I am playing cricket.
3.Who taught you English?
4.She was writing her letters.
5.They will read their lesson.
4. Write a short essay (about 200 words) on one of the following:
(a) The fewer man’s material needs , the greater his freedom.
(b) Wealth and happiness do not necessarily go together.
(c ) life is full of strange happenings.
5.Write a short dialogue of about 150 words , between a customer and a shopkeeper selling books and magazines....