Water Ownership

Topics: Human, Water supply, Water resources Pages: 2 (640 words) Published: March 18, 2013
Minister of Natural Resources
Dear whomever this may concern,
I am one of many parents here in Huntsville Ontario, who is very concerned about the future well being our own children, and the community’s health. Speaking on behalf of us parents, I would like to inform you on how very concerned we are about the ownership of water and how it is affecting us all.

About 97% of the earth’s water is in the oceans, and whatever is left of the ice glaciers, which leaves less than 3% of water left for human consumption (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). Since water is essential for human survival, it is fair that it is equally given out to everyone across the world. This water needs to accommodate human needs, as well as industrial, agriculture, animals and plant needs too; however, not all satisfaction is being met around the entire world.  Over a billion people still have no decent water supply and 2.4 billion do not have proper sanitation, and because of this issue, children in third world countries have to miss much of their education to go fetch water miles away for their families, ill people cannot attend work, and infant mortality remains very high due to lack of water (Wikipedia). Even though water is a renewable resource, the global water supply is decreasing due to pollution and for privatization. As the human population increases, the amount of water consumption increases as well every 20 years, however; it will increase faster along with the factor of global warming. This is not only affecting the kids of today, but it will also affect our kids in the future, and according to population experts, in the year 2025 about two thirds of the human race will live in water stressed areas across the world. This has led political analysts to predict that in the next couple decades, wars will be fought in order to get water resources (Food Empowerment Project). The limit to water privatization in some countries is incredibly unfair. In 1999, a...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Water scarcity Essay
  • Essay on water scarcity
  • Business Types of Ownership Essay
  • Biological importance of water Research Paper
  • Causes of Water Population Essay
  • Essay about Land Vs Water Student 1
  • Comparative Essay of Property Ownership
  • Essay on Principles of Land Ownership: John Locke

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free