1. Walt Disney has received 22 Academy Awards with 59 nominations.
2. His surname descended from a Frenchman named d’Isigny who had traveled to England with William the Conqueror in 1066
3. When he was 16, Walt Disney tried to join the military, but was too young
4. Mickey Mouse, Walt’s signature character, was born in 1928.
5. Disney won his first Academy Award in 1932 for Flowers and Trees, the first full-color cartoon.
6. Disney went on to win 26 Oscar awards, which is the most ever won by one person
7. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, the first full-length animated film in Technicolor, was so well received on premier night that it brought the audience to their feet for a standing ovation
8. After spending 5 years developing it, Disneyland finally opened on July 18, 1955
9. Disney’s production of Treasure Island was the first ever live action feature.
10. Disneyland soon opened in places such as Hong Kong, Paris and Tokyo
I chose this entrepreneur because I personally enjoyed the cartoons that Disney made in my childhood. I admire his innovation, his creative ideas, and the characters that he thought up of. I am impressed with Disney’s ability to make a successful company. He started to draw when he was little, as soon perfected his art and started one of the most influential companies to date. His characters are well known and memorable. Even after failing multiple times when creating businesses, he never gave up and soon reached success. Disney also was willing to take risks, as he once mortgaged his life insurance, stock holdings, house and furniture to buy a large piece of land, in which he transformed into Disneyland. I believe the persistence of Disney made him successful. Even after his first company had failed and he declared bankruptcy, he refused to give up and started yet another company, this time being successful. Disney also used new technologies to his advantage,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document