MGMT/MKTG 650 – International Business (Summer 2012)
Every student will work on the assignments and exams individually. Any sharing of information among students or getting help from any other source is prohibited.
Instructor: Abbas J. Ali, Ph.D. Office Phone: (724) 357-5759
Office: Eberly 304D. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Varinder M. Sharma, PhD Office Phone: (724) 357-2113
Office: Eberly 406H. E-Mail: email@example.com
Required Course Readings and Materials:
1) Hill, Charles W. Global Business Today, 6th edition. McGraw-Hill, 2009.
2) Ali, Abbas J. Globalization of Business: Practice and Theory (Jaico Publishing House, 2001).
3) Short cases provided by the instructor
4) Any additional supplemental material supplied either in class or on the web site (class notes will be made available, at the latest; on the scheduled day of class it is assigned).
The purpose of this course is to provide the student with the knowledge needed for operating effectively in a global economy. It examines the operations of firms functioning in the global market place and focuses on how these companies function in a globally integrated economy through sophisticated networks of alliances, mergers and acquisitions, and integrated systems of knowledge and product flows. Further, the course highlights the necessity for companies to balance the need for global integration while responding to national/cultural variations.
The primary objectives of this course are:
1. Identify issues and problems encountered in managing multinational operations.
2. Present a thorough review of the economics and politics of international trade and investment.
3. Focus upon the management problems stemming from the movement of goods, human resources, technology, and ownership across international boundaries.
Cite This Essay
(2012, 05). Wal-Mart. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Wal-Mart-1003762.html
"Wal-Mart" StudyMode.com. 05 2012. 05 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Wal-Mart-1003762.html>.
"Wal-Mart." StudyMode.com. 05, 2012. Accessed 05, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Wal-Mart-1003762.html.