Are you looking to develop your portfolio?
An up and coming, local Bristol based business is seeking a driven volunteer graphic designer. This position would be idea for a second, third year or post graduate student wanting to build on their professional experience with their skills gained on their course.
Our business is flourishing at a fast rate; we require a person who wants to work in a fast paced environment whilst redeveloping our business image. We welcome new ideas to our briefs and marketing plan- you will be treated as part of our team and we understand that you will have other commitments.
You are –
• Able to attend weekly meetings with business owner and head of marketing in Clifton area. • Computer and English literate.
• Able to demonstrate some work created in the past with a portfolio. • Able to confidently use adequate software i.e. Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator etc, for creating good quality work. • Able to show some knowledge or an eagerness to learn printing requirements. • Ability to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of web design desirable but not essential.
Duties from role-
• A few hours spare each week to create work.
• Following design briefs and bring ideas to them.
• Communicate with business owner and head of marketing weekly. • Design hard copy from A5 flyers to A2 posters, newsletters and possible further projects. • Order printing and stick to budget.
Benefits of the position-
• Designs (if approved) will be put into print and displayed to large customer basis in front of house, sent to press, used in online media campaigns and tailored into the business’ future marketing campaigns. • A strong recommendation from both the head of marketing and the business owner. • Perfect for those wanting to build their portfolio, ready for industry! • Room for role development with the right person.