Hypothesis: If the vitamin C tablet was dropped into the tap water liquid, then it will dissolve faster than an liquid because its natural in the ph scale and doesn’t have any chemicals in it that can react with the tablet.
* Independent: Tap water, Vinegar, and Spirit (type of liquid)
* Dependent: Time
* Controlled: Amount of liquid, temp, liquid type
Materials: beaker, cylinder, stop watch (timer), vitamin C tablets, tap water, vinegar, spirit.
1. Fill the beaker with 200ml of tap water.
2. Drop the vitamin C tablet in the water.
3. Use the stopwatch to time how long the tablet took to dissolve.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times.
5. Record observations
6. Now fill the beaker with 200ml of vinegar.
7. Drop the vitamin C tablet in the vinegar
8. Use the stopwatch to time how long the tablet took to dissolve.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 two more times.
10. Record observations
11. Now fill the beaker with 200ml of spirit.
12. Drop the vitamin C tablet in the spirit
13. Use the stopwatch to time how long the tablet took to dissolve.
14. Repeat steps 11-13 two more times.
15. Record observations
Observation/ Data Collection:
liquids | Time (s) Trail 1 Trail 2 Trail 3 |
Tap water |
| 78 | 77 | 75 |
103 | 116 | 108 |
109 | 106 | 113 |
Table 1: The time the tablet took to dissolve in each liquid.
Liquids | Quality observations |
Tap water | |
Vinegar | |
Spirit | |
| Lots of bubbling popping off of the tablet (gas occurred), changed to yellow/orange, orange scent, tablet floated to top while dissolving. |
More bubbles occurred (more gas formed), changed color to yellow/orange, took more time to dissolve than water, floated to top, orange scent, foamy while... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 04). Vitamin C Lab. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Vitamin-c-Lab-1639115.html
"Vitamin C Lab" StudyMode.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Vitamin-c-Lab-1639115.html>.
- MLA 7
"Vitamin C Lab." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Vitamin-c-Lab-1639115.html>.
"Vitamin C Lab." StudyMode.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Vitamin-c-Lab-1639115.html.