* Independent: Tap water, Vinegar, and Spirit (type of liquid) * Dependent: Time
* Controlled: Amount of liquid, temp, liquid type
Materials: beaker, cylinder, stop watch (timer), vitamin C tablets, tap water, vinegar, spirit. Procedure:
1. Fill the beaker with 200ml of tap water.
2. Drop the vitamin C tablet in the water.
3. Use the stopwatch to time how long the tablet took to dissolve. 4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times.
5. Record observations
6. Now fill the beaker with 200ml of vinegar.
7. Drop the vitamin C tablet in the vinegar
8. Use the stopwatch to time how long the tablet took to dissolve. 9. Repeat steps 6-8 two more times.
10. Record observations
11. Now fill the beaker with 200ml of spirit.
12. Drop the vitamin C tablet in the spirit
13. Use the stopwatch to time how long the tablet took to dissolve. 14. Repeat steps 11-13 two more times.
15. Record observations
Observation/ Data Collection:
liquids| Time (s) Trail 1 Trail 2 Trail 3| Tap water |
| 78| 77| 75|
103| 116| 108|
109| 106 | 113|
Table 1: The time the tablet took to dissolve in each liquid.
Liquids | Quality observations|
Tap water| |
Vinegar | |
Spirit | |
| Lots of bubbling popping off of the tablet (gas occurred), changed to yellow/orange, orange scent, tablet floated to top while dissolving.| More bubbles occurred (more gas formed), changed color to yellow/orange, took more time to dissolve than water, floated to top, orange scent, foamy while dissolving.|...