Name: Amber Jones
Modules 3 & 4
Module 3: Natural Forces Affecting the Driver
Date: January 2, 2013
Vocabulary: Please define six (6) of the following terms in your own words. Please do not just copy and paste the definition.
1.Gravity- Gravity is a force of attraction between two objects
2. Inertia- the resistance any object has to start moving when it is in a stopped position or to change direction when in motion.
3. Potential Energy- energy which results from position
4. Kinetic Energy- Energy that a body possesses by virtue of being in motion
5. Friction-a force that holds back the movement of a sliding object.
6. Force of impact- force of the object when it hit another object, upon impact.
Module 4 – Signs, Signals & Pavement Markings
1.Explain the purpose of the following in complete sentence answers, using proper spelling and grammar:
A. Broken yellow lines indicate:
B.Yellow lines (broken or solid) indicate what type of traffic flow Yellow lines broken or solid seperate lanes of traffice moving in different directions
C.Broken white lines indicate:
Broken white line means you can change the lane
Observe and describe the different signs in YOUR city. Give specific examples of each (include color, shape, what the sign is for, etc.). Write in complete sentences, using proper spelling and grammar. A.A regulatory sign:
B.A motorist services sign:
C.A recreational sign
D.A sign that you know what it means because of its shape:
*If there is not one of each of the above signs in your town describe any 3 different types you see in your community. Answer in complete sentences, using proper spelling and grammar.
2.List 3 interesting or important facts from Module 3 and 4 using complete sentences and proper spelling and grammar: A.