Question 1: Supply the correct forms of the verbs in brackets. 1. People always (blame) their circumstances for what they are. 2. Over the years, She (collect) thousands of stamps.
3. "Where is Jane?" "Down stairs sir" ."She (greet) the guests." 4. We don’t enjoy (use) as cheap labour.
5. I can't help (feel) sorry for the hungry children. If only there (be) peace in the world. 6. I am sure the letter won't arrive in time unless it (send) by air 7. The vase (break) when it (move) to the other room.
8. I was just about (leave) the office when the phone rang. Question 2:Use the correct form of the words in brackets to complete sentences 1. That company has 2000 ............(employ)
2. I don’t know why they call him a .............(lie) 3. The old hotel we used to stay at has been ....................(modern) 4. Conservationists believe that we should preserve the ......rainforests in the world.( tropic) 5. The little village is very quiet and .............at night.(peace) 6. Women nowadays have more ..........to participate in social activities(free) 7. The .........of the new guest caused trouble to my aunt.(arrive) 8. She cut herself and it's ...........quite badly.(blood) 9. His parents are very ............of him(pride)
10. Every week, there are two ...........from Ha Noi to Nha Trang.(fly) Question 3: Choose the best answer (A, B, C or D ) for each space Jeans are very popular with young people all (1)...........the world. Some people say that jeans are the "uniform" of (2) ............ But they haven't always been popular. The story of jeans started (3) ...........two hundred years ago. People in Genoa, Italy made pants. The cloth (4) ...........in Genoa was called "jeanos". The pants were called "jeans". In 1850, a salesman (5) ..........California began selling pants made of canvas. His name was Levi Strauss. (6) ..............they were so strong, "Levi's pants" became (7) ........ with gold miners; farmers and cowboys. Six years (8)............; Levis began making his pants with blue cotton (9) ............called denim. Soon after, factory workers in the United States and Europe began (10) .........jeans. Young people usually didn’t wear them.
1. A. inB. on C. over D. above
2. A. youth B. young C. younger D. youngest
3. A. lots B. much C. most D. almost
4. A. make B. makes C. making D. made
5. A. inB. on C. at D. with
6. A. Although B. But C. Because D. So
7. A. famous B. popular C. good D. wonderful
8. A. late B. later C. latest D. last
9. A. cloth B. clothing C. cloths D. clothes
10. A. wear B. wearing C. wore D. worn
Question 4: Choose the one sentence that has same meaning to the root one. 1. Would you mind waiting outside the office?
A. Did you wait outside the office?
B. Did you see anyone waiting outside the office?
C. Will you wait outside the office?
D. Do you enjoy waiting outside the office?
2. I used to go to the cinema on Saturdays .
A. I usually went to the cinemal on Saturdays.
B. I got used to going to the cinema on Saturdays.
C. I didn’t go to the cinema on Saturdays
D. I usually go to the cinema on Saturdays.
3. You feel unhealthy because you don’t take any exercise. A. if you took more exercise, you would feel healthier. B. If you take more exercise, you will feel healthier. C. If you were healthier, you would take more exercise. D. If you don’t take any exercise, you will feel unhealthy. 4. "Do you know Trang's address?" he asked me.
A. He asked me for Trang's address.
B. He asked me if someone knew Trang's address.
C. He asked me if I know Trang's address.
D. He asked me if I knew Trang's address.
Question 5: a/ There is a mistake...