MAIN ITEMS TO BE COVERED IN THE GROUP PROJECT
1. Overview of chosen company/product and its domestic marketing strategy (in the country in which it is currently based).
Victoria's Secret is an American retailer of women's wear, lingerie and beauty products. It is the largest segment of publicly-traded Limited Brands with sales of over US$5 billion and an operating income of $1 billion in 2006. Victoria's Secret is known for its annual fashion show, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, and for its catalogs, both of which feature top fashion models.
2. In-depth Environmental Analysis of key foreign country-market(s) being considered for expansion. This would include Cultural, Political, Economic, Legal and Technological aspects of the environment (all aspects of the macro and micro environment that are relevant to the particular company/product and country-market being looked at need to be covered).
• Environmental Analysis must be supported by country-specific research, and sources must be cited supporting key perspectives on the country.
• Key similarities and differences between the particular foreign market and the home market must also be identified and discussed
3. Competitive Analysis
4. SWOT analysis – company’s own strengths and weaknesses in the context of the environmental analysis and market audit.
5. Evaluation of companies Objectives (both short and long-term) for the specific products and country-markets being considered (in the light of the environmental analysis) and recommendations.
6. Assessment of the country-market opportunity being considered, and possible market-entry strategies appropriate to the market, including recommendations on most suitable market-entry strategies in the context of the preceding analysis (Note: In situations where the company has already decided on a country-market to enter into, you would evaluate and critique the company decision, and provide your view on whether you agree...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document