Student Answer: Deglutition
2. Question : Match the terms on the left with the definitions on the right.
Student Answer: : catalyst » 4 : increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product : control » 1 : provides a standard of comparison for test results; test results are compared to the results of the control : enzyme » 2 : a biological catalyst; a protein in nature : substrate » 3 : the substance on which a catalyst, or an enzyme, works
3. Question : Enzymes are catalysts that increase the rate of chemical reactions without becoming a part of the product.
Student Answer: True
4. Question : Enzymes of the digestive system are hydrolases that break down organic food molecules to their subunits, or monomers.
Student Answer: True (Hydrolases break down organic food molecules by adding water to the molecular bonds, thus cleaving the bonds between the subunits or monomers)
5. Question : Match the food nutrient on the left with the end product of its digestion on the right.
Student Answer: : Proteins » 1 : amino acids
: Carbohydrates » 2 : simple sugars
: Fats » 3 : fatty acids and glycerol
6. Question : Match the food nutrient on the left with the digestive enzyme that breaks it down.
Student Answer: : Proteins » 3 : trypsin
: Carbohydrates » 1 : salivary amylase
: Fats » 2 : pancreatic lipase
7. Question : Indicators, or laboratory tests, can be used to determine the presence of absence of certain nutrients.
Match the indicator or laboratory test on the left, with what it detects on the right.
Student Answer: :...