Introduction to VB.NET VB.NET
Visual Basic .NET is the next version of the very famous Visual Basic programming language. Visual Basic .NET offers developers with the benefits of rapid development with a full-support of object-oriented (OO) programming concepts. Visual Basic .NET provides the easiest, most productive language and tool for rapidly building Windows and Web applications. Visual Basic .NET comes with enhanced visual designers, increased application performance, and a powerful integrated development environment (IDE).
Problems with Visual Basic
The following are the major problems with Visual Basic 6.0
• No capabilities for multithreading.
• Lack of implementation inheritance and other object oriented features.
• Poor error handling capabilities.
• Poor integration with other languages such as C++.
• No effective user interface for Internet based applications.
Key features of the Visual Basic .NET programming language include the following:
• Full support for Object-Oriented Programming
• Powerful Windows-based Applications
• Building Web-based Applications
• Access to .NET Framework.
• Powerful unified Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
• Simplified Deployment
• Powerful, Flexible, Simplified Data Access
• XML Web Services
• Mobile Applications
• New Console capabilities of VB.NET.
• Interoperability with other .NET enabled languages.
• Enhanced event handling
• Parameterized properties
• Redeclaration of interface members on implementation
Console Applications in VB.NET
Console Applications are command line based and run in within a DOS Shell (DOS Window). Console Applications are command-line oriented applications that allow us to read characters from the console write characters to the console and are executed in the DOS version. Unlike Windows Applications, Console Applications do not support Windows GUI's. Which... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 01). Vb.Net. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Vb-Net-560344.html
"Vb.Net" StudyMode.com. 01 2011. 01 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Vb-Net-560344.html>.
"Vb.Net." StudyMode.com. 01, 2011. Accessed 01, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Vb-Net-560344.html.