When replying to a letter
• Thank you for your letter of [date] concerning [subject].
• In reply to your letter of [date] I wish to inform you that …
• Thank you very much for your letter in which you asked about …
When writing from your own initiative
• I am writing to inform you that …
• I am pleased to notify you that …
• I wish to inform you that …
• I would be grateful if you could send me some information about …
When giving good/bad information
• I am pleased to inform you that …
• It gives me great pleasure to inform you that …
• I regret to inform you that …
• It is with great regret that I have to write to you about …
When apologizing for a delay in answering a letter
• I am sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your letter of [date] but …
• Please accept my apologies for the delay in answering your letter …
• Please forgive the delay in replying but my only excuse is …
• I am looking forward to hearing from you.
• I would appreciate a prompt reply.
• I will be grateful if you could reply as soon as possible.
Introducing your firm
• We are a major exporter/importer of [name of the product] and are interested in expanding our business in [country]
• As you may already be aware, [name of the company] is a trading company based in [place]. We specialize in [activity].
• For over ten years we have manufactured and exported [name of the product] to many countries. As we are expanding our business we are interested in establishing trade contracts with you.
• We are Polish producer of [name of the product] located close to [place].
• the high quality of our goods is well known
• we feel that our products will find customers in your country
• if you are not satisfied with [the name of the product] you can return it undamaged in its original packing
Suggesting an action
• if you are interested, we would be pleased to discuss these matters personally
• should you require any further details, do not hesitate to contact us
• we would be glad if you could inform us wheter you are interested in our offer
Giving the source of information about the job
• I am writing in response to your advertisement for [job] which appeared in [name of the paper]
• I am interested in the post of [job] advertised recently in [name of the paper]
• With reference to your advertisement of [date] published in [name of the paper] I wish to apply for the job of [job]
Stating your qualifications
• I am enclosing my CV and would be happy to supply any further details you might require
• For the last three years I have been working for [name of the company] a firm with extensive business connections
• My academic qualifications meet your requirements but unfortunately I have no professional experience at all as I have just completed my studies at [name of school]
• I have completed a one-year course in office management including information processing
• My work at [name of the company] involved training of personnel
• In May I will graduate with a Bachelor of Science from [name of University]. My overall point average is 4.35. in my degree program I have studied [name of the subject]
Giving reasons for wanting the job
• I have always wanted to get job with a firm which [description]
• I would like to take a position which would give me more responsibility and allow me to show personal initiative
Additional information stressing the applicant’s strong points
• I am hardworking person and willing to work
• I am self-motivated and require little or no supervision
• I am willing to work to the best of my abilities to achieve my goal
• I hope I may be...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document