How has technology impacted the world, for the better or for the worse? * Industrial Revolution
* Advent of Computers
* The age of the automobile
* The telephone
Is it bad that technology is developing at such a fast pace? What is the life of people like in underdeveloped countries? * Personal Experiences
* http://www.timeforkids.com/destination/india/day-in-life * Could not find any other research pertaining to this question that would help me in the essay. What is the life of people like in developed countries?
* http://www.ibtimes.com/more-young-kids-can-use-technology-tie-shoes-257413 What types of diseases are associated with technology and development? * http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/carpal-tunnel-syndrome/prevention.html (preventing CTS in keyboard workers) * http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20538752 (texting)
Has sociability of kids declined due to extra development?
* http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/02/half-of-pre-schoolers-not-playing-outside-daily/ Has development affected family morals?
* http://www.cjr.org/behind_the_news/is_technology_ruining_your_mor.php?page=all How has a country like the US been shaped by development over time? * Ties into question #1
* http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/17/business/energy-environment/us-reliance-on-saudi-oil-is-growing-again.html?pagewanted=all (reliance on oil) * http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/study-carbon-dioxide-emissions-worldwide-up-again-2-degree-limit-to-global-warming-unlikely/2012/12/02/8658886e-3caa-11e2-8a5c-473797be602c_story.html (global warming) What are some improvements that have absolutely no bad effects? * So far, none.
How valid is the phrase, old is gold?
* Unable to find info
What things should be valued when progress is concerned? What should one give up to gain something else? * Unable to find info