The American Chamber of Commerce in Bangladesh (AmCham) was formally established in 1996 having been duly registered with the Joint Stock Companies of Bangladesh to promote the economic relationships between Bangladesh and the United States. Earlier, AmCham used to operate as American Bangladesh Economic Forum (ABEF) since 1988. AmCham holds the full Membership of the Asia Pacific Council of American Chambers of Commerce (APCAC). AmCham Bangladesh has also been accredited as a member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
The membership of the AmCham includes US Companies doing business in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Companies whose primary business is representing US produced goods and services; and non-profit organizations of United States origin.
• To promote economic cooperation between the United States of America and the People's Republic of Bangladesh, particularly in the private sector.
• To promote exchange of information between the US and Bangladesh with a view to stimulating greater understanding about each other's economic potentials and opportunities.
• To promote and support measures calculated to benefit and protect the interests of the members.
• To present the views of the AmCham members to the Government of Bangladesh.
• To work through the Asia Pacific Council of American Chambers of Commerce (APCAC) and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, in order to present the views of US business community in Bangladesh to the United States Government.
Some of the past successful events completed by The American Chamber of Commerce in Bangladesh
• INTERNATIONAL PRODUCT SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE CONFERENCE IN DHAKA, BANGLADESH Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Time: 8 am- 6 pm
Venue: Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel, Dhaka, Bangladesh
American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA)...