Were US intelligence and counterterrorist (CT) assets well organized to avoid the 9/11/01 attacks?
To what degree was the Clinton administration's CT strategy a product of faulty presidential thinking -- or faulty intelligence?
How did the 9/11 Commission recommend the US adapt its strategy to react to the 9/11/01 attacks?
How did the 9/11 Commission recommend the US restructure its organizations after the 9/11/01 attacks?
How can the historical approach to a commission's post-disaster report assist -- or hinder -- the effort for reform?
Top of page.
Badey, Thomas J., ed., ANNUAL EDITIONS : Violence and Terrorism 05/06, Eighth Edition, 0-07-301259-9
UNIT 1. The Concept of Terrorism
1. An Essay on Terrorism, Marc Nicholson, American Diplomacy, August 19, 2003
In what sense is terrorism as a “tool of the weak"?
2. Terror as a Strategy of Psychological Warfare, Boaz Ganor, The International Policy Institute for Counter-Terrorism, July 15, 2002
What is the significance of “terrorism’s psychological effect,” and how should it be countered?
New! 3. Is Terrorism’s Threat Overblown?, John L. Scherer, USA Today Magazine, January 2003
Has the terrorist threat to the US diminished and has the US overreacted?
UNIT 2. Causes of Terrorism
4. Ghosts of Our Past, Karen Armstrong, AARP Modern Maturity, January/February 2002
How is our understanding of Islamist terrorism enlightened by studying Islamic modernization and the effects of the “Great Western Transformation” on the Muslim world?
5. Understanding the Terrorist Mind-Set, Randy Borum, The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, July 2003
How does the ideology of terrorists, shape the necessary design of counter-terrorism efforts?
6. The Terrorists in Their Own Words: Interviews with 35 Incarcerated Middle Eastern Terrorists, Jerrold M. Post, Ehud Sprinzak, and Laurita M. Denny, Terrorism and... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 02). Us and Terrorism. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Us-And-Terrorism-595113.html
"Us and Terrorism" StudyMode.com. 02 2011. 2011. 02 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Us-And-Terrorism-595113.html>.
- MLA 7
"Us and Terrorism." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2011. Web. 02 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Us-And-Terrorism-595113.html>.
"Us and Terrorism." StudyMode.com. 02, 2011. Accessed 02, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Us-And-Terrorism-595113.html.