This Chapter consists of History of the company, mission and vision of the company, Nature of the company, size of the company, organizational chart, strategic trust and program, critical business and system management as well as strategic concern and IT used.
Name of the company / school: The University of Manila
Proposed System : Payroll System and Employees Information System
History of the School
Ninety one years ago there were five visionaries whose dreams where for the Filipino youth. Their collective vision: to establish institution of learning which would mold the minds of the youth and ultimately shape the destiny of this country? Undaunted by the challenge s that lie ahead and an incurable optimist that they were, they pursued the realization of their dreams with unflagging devotion and unflinching courage. Armed with hard rock determination, steely idealism and unparalleled dynamism, they tenaciously blaze the trail. The men behind such grand dream, dream a rainbow coalition of sort four men and woman of diverse interest yet united in a single purpose of establishing an institution geared towards excellence: Apolinario de los Santos, Mariano de los Santos, Maria de los Santos, Buenaventura Bello and Manuel Montilla. From these giants, the INSTITUTO DE MANILA was born on October 5, 1913, with Dr. Apolinario de los Santos as its first president.
The INSTITUTO’S doors first opened in school year 1914-1915. The forerunners of this institution, offered only elementary and high school courses in a leased building on the corner of Madrid and Penarubia Streets. Binondo District. Effective school year 1919-1920 however, the INSTITUTO conducted its burgeoning populace and to provide better education facilities.
Before embarking on a more ambitious program of expansion to meet the growing needs of the country, the INSTITUTO perforce had to undergo internal changes. Its original incorporators unanimously agreed, on the occasion of the eight anniversary of the founding of the institution, effect massive reorganization geared towards the attainment of a universities status. The decision was subsequently followed by the reincorporation of the INSTITUTO as THE UNIVERSITY OF MANILA on November 3, 1921 under the provision of act 1459 of the former Philippine Legislature.
Right after its re-incorporation, the university progressed by leaps and bounds. The development marked the turning point of these democratic and progressive institutions, which has withstood the ultimate test of time. It fortunately survived two world wars and bewildering variety of changes – ideological, social, economic, and political. From being an institution which offered only elementary and high school programs, the university crescendo dramatically, with its building reaching for the sky.
The mustard seed that was THE UNIVERSITY OF MANILA continue to grow throughout the years. Its genesis of growth was meteoric. In March 1919, the Colleges opened in 1922-1923 namely: College of Philosophy and Letter, College of Education, College of Business administration. The Department of Graduate Studies (LIM) opened in 1941-1942. The College of Engineering opened in December 1945. In 1946, the Academy on Music and the school of Foreign Service were born. In 1949, M.A. in Political Science was offered in the Department of Graduate Studies followed by M.A. in History in 1951. Bachelor of Science and Elementary Education was offered in 1951. Then from 1963-1966, the College of Criminology and penology, School of Secretarial and Master’s degree in Public Administration was opened.
The fruition of these labors was products of the highly innovative, creative and brilliant mind of those who occupied the reign of the presidency. Dr. Apolinario de los Santos headed this seat of higher learning since its inception until 1927 when he was succeeded by his brother, Dr. Mariano de...