1. | Unit Code &Unit Title:| UBTM1013 / UKTM1013 Principles of Marketing| 2. | Course of Study:| Bachelor of Marketing (Hons)Bachelor of Economics (Hons) Financial EconomicsBachelor of Business Administration (Hons)Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Banking and Finance Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) Accounting Bachelor of International Business (Hons)Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons) Business Information SystemsBachelor of Information Systems (Hons) Information Systems EngineeringBachelor of Accountancy (Hons)Bachelor of Economics (Hons) Global Economics| 3. | Year of Study:| Year One|
4. | Year and Semester:| 201210|
5. | Credit Hour:| 3 credit hours|
6. | Lecturing hours and tutoring hours| 4.0 hours lecture per week for the duration of 7 weeks3.0 hours tutorial per week for the duration of 7 weeks| 7. | Lecturer:| Faculty of Business and Finance / Faculty of Accountancy and Management:Lead LecturerMs Loo Siat Ching, MBA (Strategic Marketing)email@example.comMs Malathi Nairmalathinair@utar.edu.myCo-lecturerMr. Lee Weng Onn, MBA (Marketing), BA (Hons)firstname.lastname@example.orgMr Wong Lai Soonlswong@utar.edu.myMs Sia Bee Chuansiabc@utar.edu.my| 8. | Tutor:| Mr Chong Tsi Gwan, email@example.comMr Lee Eng Heng, firstname.lastname@example.orgMr Garry Tan Wei Han, email@example.comMs Gengeswari a/p Krishnapillai, firstname.lastname@example.orgMr Neerjang Lama, email@example.comMs Lam Siew Yong, firstname.lastname@example.orgCik Nur Syaheeda binti Aziz, email@example.comMs K Shamini, firstname.lastname@example.orgMr Phang Fatt Kong, email@example.comMs Chin Wai Yin, firstname.lastname@example.orgMs Kang Chye Mei, email@example.com| 9. | Moderator| Mr Teo Aik Chuan|
10. | Mode of Delivery:| Lecture and Tutorial|
11. | Objective:| * To introduce students to marketing concepts with an understanding and knowledge of the functions and role of marketing in organisation and its relationship to organisational management. * To enable students to understand the marketing management process and analyse market structure and buying behaviour. * To expose students to the product, pricing, distribution and promotion decisions.| 12. | Learning Outcome:| On completion of this unit, a student shall be able to: * Apply the marketing concepts in detail relating to making decisions in the future. * Explain the interactions between business organisations. * Apply the knowledge of buyer behaviour in practice.| 13. | Reading List:| Main Text: 1. Kurtz, D.L., & Boone, L.E. (2012). Principles of Contemporary Marketing (15th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning.Additional Text: 1. Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. (2012). Principles of Marketing (14th ed.). New Jersey: Prentice Hall. 2. Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., Ang, S.H., Leong, S.M., & Tse, D. K. (2009). Principles of Marketing: A Global Perspective. Singapore: Prentice Hall.| 14. | Method of Assessment:| The course grading breaks down as follows: No.| Method of Assessment| Total| 1.| Coursework * Mid-trimester Test 20% (50 marks) * Group Assignment 20% (50 marks) Total 40% (100 marks)| 40%| 2.| Final Examination| 60%|
GRAND TOTAL| 100%|
1. Coursework (40%)a) Mid-trimester Test 20% (50 marks)A test will be given to monitor students’ progress on the understanding of the lectures and the tutorials. The duration of the test is 1.5 hours and is scheduled in WEEK 4 (10 November 2012, 9.30am. Venue to be advised.). This test covers Chapter 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9.This Mid-trimester Test consists of 2 sections. Section A - 10 multiple choice questions. Students are required to answer all the 10 questions....