Unit Plan of Marketing

Topics: Marketing, Pricing, Citation Pages: 15 (3864 words) Published: October 24, 2012

Unit Plan

1. | Unit Code &Unit Title:| UBTM1013 / UKTM1013 Principles of Marketing| 2. | Course of Study:| Bachelor of Marketing (Hons)Bachelor of Economics (Hons) Financial EconomicsBachelor of Business Administration (Hons)Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Banking and Finance Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) Accounting Bachelor of International Business (Hons)Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons) Business Information SystemsBachelor of Information Systems (Hons) Information Systems EngineeringBachelor of Accountancy (Hons)Bachelor of Economics (Hons) Global Economics| 3. | Year of Study:| Year One|

4. | Year and Semester:| 201210|
5. | Credit Hour:| 3 credit hours|
6. | Lecturing hours and tutoring hours| 4.0 hours lecture per week for the duration of 7 weeks3.0 hours tutorial per week for the duration of 7 weeks| 7. | Lecturer:| Faculty of Business and Finance / Faculty of Accountancy and Management:Lead LecturerMs Loo Siat Ching, MBA (Strategic Marketing)loosc@utar.edu.myMs Malathi Nairmalathinair@utar.edu.myCo-lecturerMr. Lee Weng Onn, MBA (Marketing), BA (Hons)leewo@utar.edu.myMr Wong Lai Soonlswong@utar.edu.myMs Sia Bee Chuansiabc@utar.edu.my| 8. | Tutor:| Mr Chong Tsi Gwan, chongtg@utar.edu.myMr Lee Eng Heng, leeeh@utar.edu.myMr Garry Tan Wei Han, tanwh@utar.edu.myMs Gengeswari a/p Krishnapillai, gengeswarik@utar.edu.myMr Neerjang Lama, neerjang@utar.edu.myMs Lam Siew Yong, lamsy@utar.edu.myCik Nur Syaheeda binti Aziz, syaheeda@utar.edu.myMs K Shamini, shamini@utar.edu.myMr Phang Fatt Kong, phangfk@utar.edu.myMs Chin Wai Yin, chinwy@utar.edu.myMs Kang Chye Mei, kangcm@utar.edu.my| 9. | Moderator| Mr Teo Aik Chuan|

10. | Mode of Delivery:| Lecture and Tutorial|
11. | Objective:| * To introduce students to marketing concepts with an understanding and knowledge of the functions and role of marketing in organisation and its relationship to organisational management. * To enable students to understand the marketing management process and analyse market structure and buying behaviour. * To expose students to the product, pricing, distribution and promotion decisions.| 12. | Learning Outcome:| On completion of this unit, a student shall be able to: * Apply the marketing concepts in detail relating to making decisions in the future. * Explain the interactions between business organisations. * Apply the knowledge of buyer behaviour in practice.| 13. | Reading List:| Main Text: 1. Kurtz, D.L., & Boone, L.E. (2012). Principles of Contemporary Marketing (15th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning.Additional Text: 1. Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. (2012). Principles of Marketing (14th ed.). New Jersey: Prentice Hall. 2. Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., Ang, S.H., Leong, S.M., & Tse, D. K. (2009). Principles of Marketing: A Global Perspective. Singapore: Prentice Hall.| 14. | Method of Assessment:| The course grading breaks down as follows: No.| Method of Assessment| Total| 1.| Coursework * Mid-trimester Test 20% (50 marks) * Group Assignment 20% (50 marks) Total 40% (100 marks)| 40%| 2.| Final Examination| 60%|

1. Coursework (40%)a) Mid-trimester Test 20% (50 marks)A test will be given to monitor students’ progress on the understanding of the lectures and the tutorials. The duration of the test is 1.5 hours and is scheduled in WEEK 4 (10 November 2012, 9.30am. Venue to be advised.). This test covers Chapter 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9.This Mid-trimester Test consists of 2 sections. Section A - 10 multiple choice questions. Students are required to answer all the 10 questions....
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Essay about MARKETING PLAN
  • Essay about marketing plan
  • Essay on Marketing Plan
  • marketing plan Essay
  • Marketing plan Essay
  • Marketing Plan Essay
  • marketing plan Essay
  • Marketing Plan Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free