Unit three: Principles of managing information and producing documents
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
Name: ANA MEDESAN
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
In relation to one business environment that I am familiar with I could identify two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks:
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
The fast, accurate and efficient flow of information is the lifeblood of any business.
The benefits of using information technology for doing work tasks are crucial in any business. IT makes your business much easier. You can communicate much faster through Emails and faxes.
It is extremely beneficial to use information technology in any business environment as this brings succes to the business.
Information technology offers powerful tools to help you gain and make the best use of knowledge. Using IT brings lots of business benefits that include being more productive, responsive and efficient.
Section 2 – Understand how to manage electronic and paper-based information
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing objectives and deadlines when researching information.
If possible, refer to specific examples from research tasks you have worked on to support your answer.
When you look for information on the internet it helps a lot if you are specific. If you write the precise word that you're looking for you will find it much easier. When you are accurate in your research you have bigger chances to find what you are looking for.
When you do Internet research, it helps to be as specific as possible in your keyword search.
It is very good if you agree objectives and deadlines when researching information.
If you agree that by the end of this month you have to hand in some facts to your superior for example you have to hand in a research on a specific subject by the end of this month. Let's say you have to find some facts and then write it down and hand it to your supervisor afterwards. Well, I think that if there would be no objectives and no deadlines you would just had in an empty paper or a very poor research you have done when you wanted to. So it's the best to have objectives and deadlines discussed and agreed beforehand. I am sure that's the best way to achieve more.
2. Identify the different ways of researching, organising and reporting information.
When researching information, there are several things that need to be done if the research is to be successfully completed.
There are different ways of researching information:
• Ensure the researcher knows what they are looking for
• Discover how the information should be presented
• Source the current document
• Confirm the document is up to date
• Use document efficiently
• Read relevant information carefully
Different ways of organizing information:
Different ways of reporting information:
• Business letters
• Formal report
• Informal report
Please join StudyMode to read the full document