UNIT 6 - UNDERSTAND THE ROLE OF THE SOCIAL CARE WORKER
For this assignment, you will look at the different working relationships in adult social care, and how these differ from personal relationships. You will look at the purpose and importance of agreed ways of working. You will explore the importance of partnership working and how this is achieved in adult social care. TASKS
There are two tasks to this assignment.
Short answer questions
1.1, 1.2, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
2.1, 2.2, 2.3
1. Explain three differences between a working relationship and a personal relationship.
working under policies and procedures at work, at home i do as i please. At work i am payed to be here at work i have to be aware of my language and how i behave. While working i have to fill in care plans and can be disciplined for not doing the right thing.
2. Give two examples of different working relationships in an adult social care setting.
between myself and collegues.
between myself and service users.
between staff and other professionals.
Health and Social Care
3. Explain why it is important that social care workers work in partnership with individuals using the service and their family.
due to a families history with the service user the family can advise on building a trusting relationship with service users when first coming into care. The family may feel guilty that there relative is going into a supported setting so its good to have a good relationship and keep them involved in a service users life and have a say in how there planned care is implemented.
4. Identify three ways of working that can help improve partnership working.
sharing information, knowledge.
team meetings where everyone gets involved and makes decisions together
5. When people with different views, skills and expertise are working...