NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Unit 4: Living in diverse communities
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learnforschools.com and send your completed Assessment to your teacher via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
1. Describe a range of appropriate investigative methods that can be used to explore diversity in a community.
The first method that could explore diversity in a community is a school. I say this because each class a teacher teaches they have records of what nationality each pupil is and what is there first language. Also observations can be carried out by going onto different streets of the community. You will then is to carefully observe people and notice the ways they are different. To carry out the investigation you can use a checklist and tick each box. Another way is to collect data is doing a desktop research. This includes using the internet, library resources, and to contact people with expert knowledge.
2. Using one (or more) of the methods you outlined in Question 1, describe the extent of diversity that exists within your community. You should illustrate your work with some actual data such as statistics or desktop research.
The towns population is 90,900. There are many different religions, cultures living in different areas of Hartlepool.
3. Using one (or more) of the methods you outlined in Question 1, describe the range of services and agencies that exist within your local community to support diversity.
4. Using one (or more) of the methods you outlined in Question 1, provide a wide range of examples (at...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document