Task 1 – List 5 qualities that a ‘good’ teacher should have and give reasons for your choices. Which of these qualities do you consider to be more important, and why?
1. A good teacher should really love teaching.
A good teacher should be motivated in his profession.
2. A good teacher is able to motivate learners.
Students need to learn on there own (not only in the classroom).
3. A good teacher has a good knowledge of his/her subject.
The teacher needs to know his subject in order to teach it
4. A good teacher should be able to involve all students equally throughout the lesson. It is important to treat all students with respect.
5. A good teacher should know students weaknesses and try to give help and individual attention where necessary. It is important to help the students as much as you can.
I think all of the above points are important. Students (and classes) are different so its important to be flexible as a teacher.
Task 2 – State what you consider to be the five most important roles of a teacher. Describe each role and say why you think it is important.
1. A good teacher has to be a Manager or Controller.
To be able to be in charge of the class is important.
2. A good teacher has to be able to organize the students.
It is important to be able to organize the students.
3. A good teacher has to be able to act as an Assessor.
To give the students feedback and correction as well as evaluating and grading.
4. A good teacher has to be a Promoter when needed.
To be able to encourage the students is important.
5. A good teacher has to be friendly and positive in Class.
To create a good environment in the classroom is important.
Task 3 – List 5 qualities you would expect to find in a ‘good’ learner. Which of these qualities do you consider to be more important, and why?
A willingness to listen to the language.
The student should try his best regarding listening comprehension....