Unit 3: Working or Learning in a Place that Promotes Diversity
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
* The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk * Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly * When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference * Then, go to www.vision2learnforschools.com and send your completed Assessment to your teacher via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Name: Oliver Boys
You should complete this Assessment in relation to an organisation that you are familiar with. For example, this could be:
* Your current workplace
* Your current place of learning (school, college, etc)
* A workplace that you are familiar with (you have worked there in the past, a friend / family member works there, etc) * A place of learning that you are familiar with (you have studied there in the past, a friend / family member studies there, etc).
1. In relation to your chosen workplace / place of learning, provide examples of policies / codes of conduct that encourage and / or protect equality and diversity.
2. In relation to your chosen workplace / place of learning, describe what is expected of members of staff who have specific responsibility for equality and diversity. Include information about their job titles and describe their responsibilities.
3. Describe what is broadly expected of all staff in relation to equality and diversity.
4. Based on the work you have done in Question 1 – 3, write a short summary of what you have discovered in terms of the organisation’s work on equality and diversity.
5. Describe how equality and diversity is monitored within your chosen place of work / learning....