Unit 029 Working Together for the Benefit of Children
and Young People
Credit value: 2
UAN number: K/601/1698
The unit is designed to enable the learner to understand the importance of multi agency and integrated working and to develop the skills of effective communication for professional purposes. It includes and assesses competence in information sharing between those involved in work with children and young people.
There are three learning outcomes to this unit. The learner will: 1. Understand integrated and multi agency working
2. Be able to communicate with others for professional purposes 3. Be able to support organisational processes and procedures for recording, storing and sharing information.
Guided learning hours
It is recommended that 15 hours should be allocated for this unit, although patterns of delivery are likely to vary.
Details of the relationship between the unit and relevant national standards This unit is linked to the:
• CCLD 301: Promote children’s’ development
• CCLD 431: Contribute to leadership and management of integrated childcare provision • CCLD 323: Manage multi agency working arrangements
• HSC 31: Promote effective communication with, for and about individuals • CWDC Training, Support and Development Standards for Foster Care, Standard 4: Know how to communicate effectively
• UK Codes of Practice for Social Care Workers.
Support of the unit by a sector or other appropriate body
This unit is endorsed by Skills for Care and Development.
This unit will be assessed by:
• learner portfolio of evidence.
Learning Outcomes 2 and 3 must be assessed in real work environments. Simulation is not permitted.
The unit must be assessed in accordance with Skills for Care and Development's QCF Assessment Principles. These have been included within the Centre requirements section of this handbook. Level 3 Diploma for Children's Care, Learning and Development (Wales and Northern...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document