Union Bank Denying Debit
Esther Sapell Rachelson
November 11, 2010
Student name: Carlos Franco
Case number and short name for case: Mrs. Caldwell denying debit adjustment.
A. Analyze the Situation
1. What is your general purpose?
Notify Mrs. Caldwell the denying of her claim.
2. What is your specific purpose?
Explaining the causes for her debit denying.
3. Exactly what do you want your audience to think, feel or believe after receiving your message? She needs to understand that the transactions are neither a bank nor merchant error. 4. Who is your primary audience?
Mrs. Margaret Caldwell
5. What is their background?
She is a customer that has several hefty joint accounts.
6. How are its members different from one another? She is an important customer for the bank and we need to keep her business. 7. How are its members similar to one another?
Because all of them represent business for the bank.
8. What are their reactions likely to be to your message? She will not be happy, because she has high expectative that the bank will returned her money. B. Gather Information
9. What information do your readers need to receive? The results of the investigation that was conducted by the bank; which outcome was that Wilsons Gourmet did not try to steal her. 10. What facts must you gather in order to create an effective message? The fact that proves the transactions were the result of multiple card swipes. C. Select the Right Medium
11. What medium were you told to use in the explanation of the task at the end of your case? The medium is a letter.
12. If you used a different medium, why did you?
No because we need a indirect approach
D. Organize the Information
13. What is your main idea?
Provide the reasons that caused the bad news, the not...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document