1. Does the use of the word ‘asshole’ in the title of this book mean that the ideas within it are likely to be dismissed as trivial by academics? Give reasons for your answer.
2. Glenny paints a very bleak picture of the ‘dark side’ of global capitalism. Do you agree with his argument that decriminalisation of drugs would be a good start in tackling organised crime? Give reasons for your assessment.
3. Do you agree with Bakan that corporations show an “unblinking commitment to (their) own self-interest” (Bakan, 2005, p. 50)? Explain your reasoning.
4. Some commentators have suggested that they do not believe Susanna S has ever worked as a trader and that this book is more fiction than fact. Does that disqualify the book from being useful as a source of information on issues facing women working in the City?
Submission of papers:
1. No Asshole Rule: Tues Nov 16, 2010 12:48 PM
2. Outliers: Tues Nov 30, 2010 12:13 PM
3. Meltdown: Tues Dec 14, 2010 11:28 AM
4. McMafia: Thur Jan 27, 2011 01:43 AM
5. The Corporation: Thur Feb 10, 2011 02:55 AM
6. Citygirl: Thur Feb 24, 2011 04:02 AM
7. The World is Flat: Thur Mar 10, 2011 03:57 AM
8. Sorrows and Pleasures: Tues May 10, 2011 10:25 AM
9. Consumed: Tues May 23, 2011 11:40 PM
Note of changes made:
I have rearranged the order of two paragraphs of my No Asshole Rule so that it is of a better structure and easier to follow. I have edited the Introduction of my Corporation essay so that the statement is clearer. The journal reference in my City Girl has been edited within the content so that the idea is described in a clearer way. The referencing in all four essays has been corrected and page numbers have been included for direct quotes. Typos and spelling errors have also been corrected.
Does the use of the word ‘asshole’ in the title of this book mean that the ideas within it are likely to be dismissed as trivial by academics? Give... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Understanding Argument in Management. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Understanding-Argument-In-Management-966475.html
"Understanding Argument in Management" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Understanding-Argument-In-Management-966475.html>.
- MLA 7
"Understanding Argument in Management." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2012. Web. 04 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Understanding-Argument-In-Management-966475.html>.
"Understanding Argument in Management." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Understanding-Argument-In-Management-966475.html.