Final exercise for the class of EKK5, IMUN/22/4/13
Could you find answers to the following questions? Good luck.
1. What is the difference between Intergovernmental organization and Nongovernmental Organization?
2. Name at least five (5) international organizations other than UN agencies.
3. What do you think the issues and problems the world face today? Write at least 10.
4. What was the name of the world organization, the predecessor of the United Nations, created after the First World War 1914 - 1918 in hopes of keeping the peace and preventing another war?
5. When did the United Nations officially come into existence? The day is now celebrated each year around the world as United Nations Day?.
6. Why was the United Nations established?
7. What is the name of the foundational constituent treaty of the United Nations?
8. What kind of tree is on the UN flag?
9. How many member states are in the UN as of April 2013?
10. Which state(s) are not the member of the United Nations?
11. How many member states are there in UNESCO as of April 2013?
12. Which country was the latest country joined the UN ?
13. Which country was the latest country admitted to UNESCO?
14. What does the UN mean by "youth," and how does this definition differ from that given to children?
15. In what year did Cambodia join the UN?
16. How does Cambodia contribute to UN peacekeeping?
17. Write four main purposes of the UN.
18. What are the six main organs of the United Nations?
19. What is the composition of the United Nations Security Council?
20. What power the five permanent Security Council members have under the UN Charter?
21. What are the main activities (work) of the UN today? Write at least seven.
22. What are the official languages of the United Nations?
23. Write the full name of the following organizations and the...