Section 1 – Understand how to make and receive telephone calls
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of at least two different features of a telephone system and how / when they would be used.
Thanks Mohammd you have included two good examples of the different features of a telephone system and given an example of when they will be used. Other features of a telephone system are call back, call barring and call log.
2. Prepare a brief report advising people on:
* How to follow organisational procedures when making and receiving telephone calls * The purpose of giving a positive image of yourself and your organisation when making and receiving telephone calls.
If possible, use specific information from procedures in your own organisation (or one that you are familiar with).
A good attempt at this answer Mohammad however it needs a little development to meet the learning outcome. You need to include all the procedures you would follow when making a phone call for your company. Also please could you expand a little on why is important that you portray a positive image of yourself and your business when making and receiving these phone calls.
You should always show yourself in positive way that shows that you care more and responsible person.
When making telephone calls of procedures could include:
* You should know where to locate the correct name and telephone number of whom you wish to call. This may be via a staff directory or phone book. * The purpose of making the call.
* How to use the functions of the telephone correctly
* Say the reason of the phone call.
* You should not use company telephone without permission * Every staff member should get training of how to use telephone within the business.
Section 2 – Understand how to handle mail
1. Explain the purpose of correctly receiving, checking and sorting mail and packages (both incoming and outgoing).
Another really good attempt at this answer Mohammad. Please could you just expand a little on why a business should correctly process outgoing mail and what could happen if they didn’t.
It is important to check the outgoing process very carefully for all different type of businesses who are dealing with outgoing daily, should send correct item with the correct name and address. If they did not send the right item to the right name and address, so they would not know it the receiver got the item. Sometime the receiver can take legal action against the company.
2. Complete the table below with the following information:
* At least two examples of internal mail services that are available to organisations * At least two examples of external mail services that are available to organisations
Thanks Mohammad you have correctly identified an example of internal mail i.e. envelopes being passed between departments and external mail i.e. DHL. Please can you now include another example of internal mail services and external mail services. Have a look in your course material for some ideas.
Internal mail services| External mail services|
The mail boy visits every department| special delivery postage |
3. Describe two methods that you can use to calculate postage charges for mail and / or packages.
Thanks Mohammad you have demonstrated an understanding of two methods that can be used to calculate postage charges. Other methods could include using the Royal Mail online calculator or a comparison website.
Section 3 – Understand how to use different types of office equipment
1. Describe the main types of equipment found in offices and how they are used. Include examples of at least three different types of office equipment.
Mohammad you have correctly included two different types of office...