1. Give examples of needs, wants, and demands that Pegasus customers demonstrate, differentiating these three concepts. What are the implications of each for Pegasus’ practices?
• Needs : transportation
Wants : vacation / travelling
Demands : low price for the ticket, such as by promotion or from games or facebook to get free tickets
• Needs : something that must be fulfilled
Wants : the specification of our needs
Demands : something that describe a consumer’s desire, willingness, and ability to pay a price for a specific goods or service.
• The implications of each for Pegasus’ practices : - Needs :
1. Pegasus has put in place a yield management strategy for ticket pricing 2. electronic ticket policy
3. refund of ticket (delay more than 3 hours) 4. refund of ticket & free ticket (delay more than 5 hours) 5. passengers can pay a small extra premium to choose their seats - Wants :
Developed its internal market with over 19 destinations eithin Turkey - Demands :
1. if customers book early (60+ days) they receive further savings while those who book later pay the maximum current fare over by competitors 2. Pegasus offers 10% discount to passengers on international flights who order their flight meals 48 hours in advance
2. Describe in detail all the facets of Pegasus’ product. What is being exchanged in a Pegasus transaction? • Pegasus developed a credit/loyalty card which offers customers a range of benefit, including insurance rate reductions • If delay >3 hours, customers can refund the ticket • If delay >5 hours, customers can refund the ticket and get free ticket • Pegasus offers a...