BEST BOOK EVER!!!!
Troy – Lord of the Silver Bow
By David Gemmell
Section: Remembering and Understanding = 10 pts
-Exercise B: Using a Venn diagram...
* They are both humans
* They are both in love with each other
* Cares for others
* Is skilled with a weapon
* From royalty
* A female
* Priestess of Thebes
* Has a fiery spirit
* Fiercely independent
* Confident in herself
* Is able to talk with everyone, stranger or not – a people person
* Is harassed by kings and princes because of her beauty
* Is betrothed to the prince of Troy
* Doesn’t care what people think of her
* Family is separated by unification of kingdoms
* Dislikes politics
* Passionate when it comes to the poor, hurt or accused
* A male
* Prince of Dardania
* Has a scarred and traumatic childhood
* Bound in revenge
* He is lonely and wants to fall in love
* Is feared because of his merciless killings and vengeance for his father
* Has a good heart towards the ones that he loves
* Second in line of throne
* Commands a ship called the Xanthos
* Dislikes the Mykene race
* Cares for his family
Section: Applying and Analysing = 20 pts
-Exercise B: How did my feelings change as I read the book?....
At the beginning of the book, it starts off with a sailor, (who is actually an Egyptian prince as you read through the story) Gershom plunged into a raging storm. The beginning was really good or the prologue because it really gave a sense of suspense that made me keep on reading for hours and hours. It caught my attention and I started to read more and more every day. Then just after the prologue you read about a Mykene warrior and a Mykene King, Agamemnon who visit an old man able to tell the future.
It gets very frightening and sets up a good mood for the reader. I... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 05). 'Troy - Lord of the Silver Bow' Book Review. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Troy-Lord-Of-The-Silver-336500.html
"'Troy - Lord of the Silver Bow' Book Review" StudyMode.com. 05 2010. 05 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Troy-Lord-Of-The-Silver-336500.html>.
"'Troy - Lord of the Silver Bow' Book Review." StudyMode.com. 05, 2010. Accessed 05, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Troy-Lord-Of-The-Silver-336500.html.