Introduction to the case:
This is a scene in an office where the VP’s of the entire department are discussing about who will be the next successor of the marketing department.
The characters involved in this case are:
• Mr. Krishnan: VP- Marketing
• Mr. Kapadia: VP- HR
• Mr. Sharma: Marketing Mgr
• Ms. Jaiswal: HR Mgr
• Mr. Paul: Asst Mgr Marketing ( west zone)
• Mr. Shah: Asst. Mgr. Marketing (south zone)
• Mr. Chandra: Asst. Mgr. Marketing (east zone)
Issue in the case:
Mr. Sharma who was working as the marketing manager is resigning from the post and a meeting is being conducted to decide that who will be the next successor of Mr. Sharma among Mr. Paul, Mr. Chandra and Mr. Shah.
Analyzing the situation:
• Mr. Krishnan, Mr. Kapadia, Mr. Sharma and Mr. Jaiswal is conducting a meeting where everyone is discussing on who will be the successor of Mr. Sharma once he will leave the organization.
• Mr. Krishna hosts the meeting, where he asked everyone to give their views on the same.
• There were three candidate on whom the decision to be taken they are :
1. Mr. Paul.
2. Mr. Shah.
3. Mr. Chandra.
• Mr. Sharma suggested that he finds Mr. Paul to be more capable for this job as he is very efficient and effective performer. According to him he has that fire to perform the job.
• But according to Mr. Jaiswal when 360 degree feedback received about him (Mr. Paul) result was not good.
• After putting the points about Mr. Paul he suggested Mr. Shah.
• Mr. Krishnan add that he has observed that Mr. Shah is a “Type X” personality who require guidelines at every point of time to perform his job, so according to him Mr. Chandra was the right person as he has the required skill and year of experience to perform and understand this job better.
• Mr. Jaiswal said that Mr. Shah has been associated with the company for so long and by promoting any new employee in front of him will lead him to the demotivation.
• Mr. Kapadia... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 09). Training and Development Process. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Training-And-Development-Process-409877.html
"Training and Development Process" StudyMode.com. 09 2010. 09 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Training-And-Development-Process-409877.html>.
"Training and Development Process." StudyMode.com. 09, 2010. Accessed 09, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Training-And-Development-Process-409877.html.