Training and Development
Al Ain Distribution Company
Table of Contents
Statement Of Functions5
Job Description and Duties5
Work Relations & Contacts7
Accountability For Actions & Impacts7
Job specification (qualification)8
How does this job fit with the company?8
How this job does fits in the UAE needs?8
This course is BMHR N360-Training and Development, and our teacher ask us to do an individual assignment that about finding the role of a training and development professional in the UAE. Moreover, I did an interview with Senior Training Officer, Mr. Ahmed Al Dhaheri and we had talking about job details, job title, job description and duties, job qualification and my opinion on how this job fits with the organization and how it fits in the UAE needs.
Al Ain Distribution Company (AADC) is a public joint stock company registered and incorporated in the United Arab Emirates under Law No 2 of 1998 on 1 January 1999 with Head Office at Al Ain. AADC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority with a fully paid capital of AED Billion 1,530,000,000, linked to http://www.aadc.ae/ENGLISH/EN-T1-About.html. Furthermore, they are the only one who is distributing water and electricity for Eastern Region of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi (Al Ain city and its nearby areas). Moreover, by the end of year 2008, the number of AADC employees was more than 1900 and they provide services approximately for one half million people and that includes services to provide water and electricity, ownership, meter reading operation and maintenance of the water and electricity distribution network assets. AADC has achieved:
* ADAEP (Abu Dhabi AWARD for Excellence in Government Performance) for the best Technical Project. * OHSAS 18001 certification.
* HSE ISO 14001.
* ISO 9001: 2000 quality certification in 2004 for its operations. * SKEA 9Shaikh Khalifah Excellence AWARD.
* Job Title: Senior Training Officer
* Section: Manpower and Planning Development
* ADWEA Group Company: Al Ain Distribution Company
* Department: Human Resource
Statement of Functions
Co-ordinates and organizes AADC’s staff training and development activities to ensure that staff performance is up to AADC’s prospective standards.
Job Description and Duties
* Reviews training programs of ADWEA Academy at the beginning of each year and dispatches emails to concerned departments to ensure their awareness of relevant programs and training policies. * Ensures staff registration for the appropriate programs related to their respective fields and positions and initiates all administrative procedures to complete registrations. * Raises staff training requests to HR Management for approval and forwards requests to ADWEA Academy accordingly. Oversees training fee payments. * Attends to managerial requests for external trainings designed to provide specific and on-job training and arranges them if approved by management. * Follows up on the approved training plans as well as reviews the attendance sheet employees and updates the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) accordingly. Investigates staff absence and oversees their participation rate to ensure that all employees have attended enough training programs per year as per AADC policies. Oversees the replacement of absent employees if possible. * Prepares reports of statistics of attended programs and number of employees that have participated for management’s reference. * Attends to all staff queries regarding training programs and advises them on methods of applying. * Dispatches Evaluation forms to obtain employees’ feedback about training...