It consists of a Main Board, a Second Board and MESDAQ with total market capitalization of MYR700 billion (US$189 billion).
2) What are the characteristics of all boards
MESDAQ (Malaysian Exchange of Securities Dealing and Automated Quotation) was launched on 6 October 1997 as a separate securities market, mostly for listing technology-based companies. It is part of Bursa Malaysia. The Mesdaq has now been changed to the ACE Market.
Bursa Malaysia offers three (3) boards, Main Board, Second Board and MESDAQ Market. Generally, Main Board is for more established companies, Second Board for relatively smaller companies and MESDAQ Market is for high growth and technology companies.
Both the Second Board and MESDAQ Market provide an avenue for relatively smaller companies to access the capital market early to fuel their expansion plans. Once established, they can transfer their listing status to the Main Board.
3) Index. How many index traded? (e.g. KLCI)
FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI Index (effective 6th July, 2009)
* This tradable index comprises the 30 largest companies in the FTSE Bursa Malaysia EMAS Index by market capitalisation. FTSE Bursa Malaysia Mid 70 Index
* Comprises the next 70 companies in the FTSE Bursa Malaysia EMAS Index by full market capitalisation. FTSE Bursa Malaysia Top 100 Index *
* Comprises the constituents of the FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI and the FTSE Bursa Malaysia Mid 70 Index. FTSE Bursa Malaysia Hijrah Shariah Index
* The FTSE Bursa Malaysia Hijrah Shariah Index is a tradable index which comprises the 30 largest companies in the FTSE * Bursa Malaysia EMAS Index that meets the following triple screening process: * FTSE's global standards of free float, liquidity and investability * Yasaar's international Shariah screening methodology
* Malaysian Securities Commission's Shariah Advisory Council (SAC) screening...