Topic: Track and Field
Purpose: Introducing people to the sport and listing its events, details and genres of competition. Introduction:
1. Do you have heart, dedication, and passion? Ever thought about joining track and field to ompete and test your levels of heart, dedication and passion? 2. Personally speaking Track and Field isn’t only about running. It’s an interactive sport which helps create friendships and build long lasting bonds with teammates. 3. Topics I’ll cover during this speech are Teamwork, Fitness and Healthy Habits. Body:
1. Running is an effective way to increase your cardiovascular fitness, lose weight, and even reverse bone loss. * Sure track is a sport based on competition but look at the many hidden benefits that comes along with the sport. * It’s an effective way to lose weight.
* Your fitness levels will be higher than they’ve ever been before and will be maintained so long as you’re active and committed. * also running track promotes competition and encourages you to improve your running ability while promoting teamwork. 2. Teamwork
* Teamwork is very important. Even though you compete individually how you perform affects the whole team. * In cases such as relay races where it’s more than one runner involved everyone has to perform at their best or it hurts the team. * Runners are expected to train daily and have to endure workouts together. This forms bonds that help makes the team stronger. 3. Fitness
* Running improves fitness and decreases your risk of a stroke or heart attack. * Running also burns fat and increases muscle tone.
* While running track you stay on a healthy path. Whether it’s food related or mentally. * You eat more nutritious foods to maintain fitness and adjust your diet to support your activity levels. 4. Events
* Track has multiple events. The more popularly known ones are the sprint events. * The 100m, 100WmH, 110mH, 200m, 400m, 400mH....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document