COMM 110 EFFECTIVE SPEAKING, 3 credits
Instructor: Shelli Pentimall
Office: Hicks 204
Text: Lucas, Stephen E. The Art of Public Speaking, 9th Ed.
Course Objectives: This course is designed to provide you with the necessary skills to become a more effective and confident public speaker and critical listener.
Ideally, you will learn to:
• identify and define the basic principles of communication and apply them to public speaking
• research and organize ideas into forms appropriate for oral communication
• engage in and appreciate discussions which challenge both audience and speaker
• apply language and delivery techniques to oral presentations
POLICIES: (Read these carefully)
* You are expected to be in class every day.
* There are no excused absences in this course for any reason.
* Attendance is taken at the beginning of class every day. In accordance with department policy, after two absences your final grade is reduced five points per absence, regardless of excuse.
* Late assignments will not be accepted for any reason.
* All assignments must be typed, neat, clean and turned in on time.
* If you are absent on the day a written assignment is due, you must email it to me on the due date and receive my confirmation for credit.
Speeches/ Presentation/ Exams:
* There are no make-up speeches or exams for any reason
* If you are sick, tired, unprepared or have an emergency, you will still have a zero for the assignment.
* Be respectful to your peers by not disrupting class with lateness.
* Chronic lateness will affect your grade.
* It is your responsibility to inform me at the end of class that you were late, to avoid being marked absent. If you fail to do so, you are considered absent; please see above attendance policy. If you are more than 15... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Trachea. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Trachea-982771.html
"Trachea" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Trachea-982771.html>.
"Trachea." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Trachea-982771.html.