THE TONGUE is one of the important parts of your body
THE TONGUE is a muscle; the tongue is really made up of many groups of muscles. (They’re the strongest muscles in your body) These muscles run in different directions. The most flexible part in the tongue is the front part and working a lot, working with the teeth to create different types of words. This part also helps you eat by helping to move food around your mouth while you chew. Your tongue pushes the food to your back teeth so the teeth can grind it up. The tongue is covered with moist, pink tissue called mucosa.
PARTS OF TONGUE
* Papillae :it is located on the upper side of the tongue And the four types of papillae
* Filiform (thread shaped)
* Fungiform(mushroom shaped)
* Foliate (leaf shaped)
* Vallate (ringed shaped)
(The four types of papillae according to Scribd website)
The Papillae contains taste bud that help to identify between different testes of food. When the people chew the food, the portion of the food dissolves in the saliva. THE dissolved part of the food comes in contact with the taste buds and generates nerve impulses. These nerve fibers are known as microvillus, these nerve fibers carry massages to the taste center in the brain. Then brain perceives the taste. According to Scribd website part of the tongue).
1. Filiform papillae:
· are located on the entire tongue surface. · are the smallest and thinnest of all the papillae and have a hair-like appearance. Will be pink in color within a healthy mouth.
2. Fungiform papillae:
· are located on the lateral border and tip of the tongue. · are broader, taller and fatter then filiform . it is dark pink and sometimes red in color.
They are the taste buds for sweet, salty, and sour
3. Circumvallate papillae:
Are located towards the back of the tongue.
· Are the largest of all the papillae...