1. Atticus and his sister disagree on many things, mostly the treatment of colored people and how important the reputation of the finch family is. Alexandra believe that she is above colored people, especially Calpurnia and that Atticus shouldn’t let his children go to church her because it’s a disgrace to their family. Atticus believe that colored people deserve the same amount of respect as white people and that Calpurnia is a member of the finch family and should be treated like one.
2.Atticus says simply a mob is made up of people, despite the location or situation the mob is in. Plain and simple, no labels attached, the mob is just people.
3.Mr. Underwood was covering Atticus at the jail because even though he doesn’t like colored people, he knew Atticus was doing his job but defending Tom Robinson.
4. Mr. Dolphus Raymond like to spend his time with colored people instead of people of his own race. The people of Maycomb despise him for it and think that he only prefers them because he is constantly under the influence of alcohol.
5. Judge Taylor appears to be a very laid back person, but in actuality he listens very carefully to everything people say. I think the Judge purposely acts like this in court so that people think he’s not paying attention and accidentally say something they shouldn’t have, think that he isn’t paying attention anyway.
1.Atticus want to reveal that Mayella’s injuries match something that he father could do and not Tom Robinson.
2.The Ewell’s are considered ‘poor white trash’ because the live next to all the colored people, none of them work, Mr. Ewell has seven children, none of them have any manners and none of them bathe regularly.
1. Mayella could be described as disgusting because she is an Ewell and they are very poor dirty people and also the way she treats people is dirty (p.240). She could be described as pathetic because she is constantly crying and is trying to accuse a crippled man of raping her when it is very hard physically for him to do things (p.248).
2. Tom’s physical appearance is important because Mayella and Mr. Ewell both said that Mayella was beaten on the right side of her body by someone probably left handed. Tom Robinson is right handed and he has no use of his left arm because of an accident he had when he was a kid. He appears to feel satisfied. It seemed as though he wanted to get back at Mayella for the pain she caused Tom. But all he was doing is smart talking her just like any lawyer would.
1. Tom Robinson is essentially the symbol of a mockingbird. He is kind and attempts to bring a little kindness to Mayella Ewell who is suffering. The Ewells, Bob Ewell in particular, brings nothing but hate, ignorance and sadness to everyone. He is essentially the opposite of Tom. He even abuses his daughter in the worst possible way.
2. Atticus mentions Tom’s previous record because he went to show the jury the Tom was answering all of the questions truthfully.
3. Tom's version is that Mayella invited him inside, then threw her arms around him and began to kiss him. Tom tried to push her away. When Mr. Ewell arrived, he flew into a rage and beat up his own daughter, while Tom ran away scared.
4. He said he felt sorry for her because he knew how her father treated her. He would beat her for the slightest thing and it was hinted that her farther used her in a bad way. It was a mistake because he showed compassion to a white woman and when her father found out that he helped her she was so terrified that she said she did not ask for help he just wanted to take advantage of her and used the excuse about the dresser to get in the house. She also knew she had flirted whit him and was afraid he would say something.
5. Scout believes Mayella is lonelier than Boo Radley because Mayella lives in a place where no one really cares about her and she’s all by herself, while a least Boo has Nathan to...