* Pioneer in digital video recorder (DVR) industry
* High customer growth rates
* User friendly equipment with numerous innovative features * High level of customer satisfaction
* Loyal customer base with high brand recognition
* Partnership with Sony and Philips brought an image of reliability * Nationally available through electronic chains like Best Buy * Multiple potential revenue streams: opportunities for advertisers and networks Weaknesses
* Lackluster sales because it’s the first in digital video recorder category. * Functions were difficult and confusing to explain to customers. * Ineffective communication with its consumers.
* The manufacturers ’reps couldn’t give TiVo the amount of support it required. * Expensive product with additional service fee for recording and no reference point * Restricted promotional activities
* Traditional markets will implement defensive strategies to protect their market share * Legislative agenda could restrict opportunities
* Technology is easy to replicate
* Many competitors
Expand to the internet
| * Customers can easily access shows and movies if they missed them live. * Internet is popular because is convenient. * Can operate like Hulu or nexflix by charging small fees
| * Tivo’s image will change from DVR box to wireless access/internet/the new stuff
| * Ton of competition
| Go international
| * Expanding to new markets
| * Might have to change image in other countries
| * Potential bad brand image if the country didn’t like it’s product or service
| Expand on service in the DVR box
| * More options that customers want * Offering HD for better viewing * The easier and the more convenient and less work the happier the customer.
| * Because of its system was not build to expand, it will have to change the entire system to provide more...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document