Tips for Creating a PowerPoint® Presentation
Your Week Three assignment requires you to use the Microsoft® PowerPoint® graphics presentation program. This lecture provides you with the very basics for starting up with the program.
• Open the Microsoft® PowerPoint® program.
• Start a new presentation: Click on Blank Presentation and then click OK.
• Choosing a slide layout: Click on Format and then click Slide Layout. A good one to start with is one with a header and bullet points.
• Type in text for the slide.
Suggestion: Put the title of your paper in the top box and then your name and class information in the lower box; Next slide: Overview of paper topics—introduction; Next slide: First topic
• To add presenter’s notes: Click on the Notes Page. Click on View and then click Notes Page. To get back to the slide, click on View and then click Normal.
• To add a slide: Click on Insert and then click New slide.
• To add background color: Click on Format, click Background, and then click More colors (for the full palette).
• To insert a slide in the middle of your other slides: Go to the left side of the screen, where it gives you an overview of your slides and click on the place where you want the new slide to go. Click on Insert and then click New Slide.
• To change the order of your slides: Go to the presentation overview on the left side of the screen, click on the slide you want to move, and then drag and drop it where you want it to go.
• Save your presentation just as you would save a Microsoft® Word document by clicking on File and then click Save.
Some Fun Features of the Microsoft® PowerPoint® Program
• To apply one of the design templates: Click on Format and then click Slide Design. Choose whichever one you would like to apply to your presentation. • To insert clip art or a picture file: Click on Insert,...