Checkpoint: Three Day Analysis
1. How does your diet compare to the recommendations you received from the Food Guide Pyramid? I just recently decided that I was going to start eating healthier. I am not on a diet! That is just too much stress. However, I have made quite a bit of progress with changing how I eat. The recommendation that I got were not that off of what I’m trying to accomplish. I need to eat more fruit and vegetables. I have been doing well with the grain and fiber intake. I need to do better with my sodium intake, which is still a little high, but is much lower than what I used to consume.
2. How many servings from each food group did you consume? Grain 7.6oz, vegetables 2.2oz, fruit 1 cup, milk 2 cups, meat and beans 6.1oz
3. How might you modify your diet to get the recommended servings for each food group? Making sure that I have the daily recommended servings of fruit and vegetables.
4. What are some nutrient rich foods that you could add to your daily diet? Whole wheat pasta, all kinds of fruits (bananas and melons of all kinds are my favorite), sweet potatoes, green peppers, cabbage. I eat lots of broccoli
5. Examine food labels for three items included in your food diary. List the following components for each of the items:
• Total calories per serving
• Percentage of calories from fat
• Total amount of carbohydrates (in grams)
• Total amount of protein (in grams)
• Total amount of fiber (in grams)
Whole wheat bread Frosted cheerios Chicken noodle soup 90 calories per serving 150 80
10 calories from fat (2%) 20 5
16g (carbs) 23g 16g
3g (protein) 1g 3g
2g (fiber) 1g 2g [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 08). Three Day Diet Analysis. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Three-Day-Diet-Analysis-392599.html
"Three Day Diet Analysis" StudyMode.com. 08 2010. 08 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Three-Day-Diet-Analysis-392599.html>.
"Three Day Diet Analysis." StudyMode.com. 08, 2010. Accessed 08, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Three-Day-Diet-Analysis-392599.html.