Personal Reflection Paper
June 3, 2012
Prepared for: Professor Marilyn Jean Trollope
Resource: What Kind of Thinker Are You? (Assignment from Week One)
Review your week one assignment and reflect on what you learned about critical thinking during the course.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you reflect on the following questions:
• What is critical thinking?
• What are the three most significant things that you learned about critical thinking during this class?
• How has your critical thinking changed since starting this course?
• Reevaluate your stage of development in critical thinking and why you placed yourself in that stage. If your rating has changed since Week One, explain why you think this change occurred.
• How do you plan to move yourself from your current stage of development in critical thinking to the stage of master thinker?
Format your paper consistent with Associate Level Writing Style Handbook guidelines.
According to Ruggiero (2012), thinking is any mental activity that helps formulate or solve a problem, make a decision, or fulfill a desire to understand. Critical thinking enables us to recognize a wide range of subjective analysis of otherwise objective data, and to evaluate how well each analysis might meet our needs (Kurland, 2000). From the definitions, we see that there is a big difference between thinking and critically thinking. As human beings we think all day, every day. We think about what we are going to wear in the morning, what task we have to complete at work, what we have to do after work, and even what we have to do the next day. When you are critically thinking, you are analyzing and breaking things down. For instance, when someone presents an idea to you at work. When that idea is presenting to you, you immediately begin to dissect the idea; how it will benefit, what is the systematics, what will it take to get...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document