Background of the Study
Pigs are domestic animals raised by most of people here and abroad. This kind of animal is the source of pork, which is in demand in the market. People in different walks of life consume pork regardless of the price it is being offered. Despite the issues about the effects of pork in our body, this food has been a part of our tradition as Filipinos, especially during fiestas and other special occasions. Because of the demand of pork in the market, people begin to venture into hog raising business.
Hog raising has become a popular home-based business through time especially here in the Philippines which is generally an agricultural country. Different kinds of pigs are raised for consumption or selling purposes. This kind of business has proven to give people a good source of income and it generates good profit.
This feasibility study aims to determine the suitability of hog raising business here in Negros Occidental and eventually in the whole Philippines. Our group will undertake the processes involved in venturing into this kind of business from raising to fattening and supplying to various markets, and group will also undertake the processes of manufacturing different processed meat from pork.
Statement of the Problem
The purpose of this study is to determine the feasibility of hog raising in Negros Occidental. It specifically aims to answer the following questions:
1) What organizational structure is suited for a hog farming business?
2) What is the process of production of a hog farm?
3) What are the target markets of this kind of business?
4) What would be the profitability plan for this kind of business?
5) What are the social and environmental contributions of hog farming?
Scope and Limitation of the Study
Pigs are the key element of this business. This study will focus on raising and fattening of pigs in line with these we will undertake the process involved in manufacturing processed meat and also how the waste of these animals can be processed and used in order to conserve energy and minimize the costs and expenses of the utilities in the farm. We are only after the fattening, slaughtering and processing meat to eventually supply in the target markets.
Project Site(Vicinity Map)
Oinky Porky is a sole proprietorship business organization which is owned by an individual. The mission and vision of the business is the path towards its goal.
This chapter conveys the identity of the business, its mission and vision, goals and objectives, its structure and development, and the jobs to be provided for the Filipino people. This chapter also states the policies, rules and regulations in the daily operations of the business.
COMPANY MISSION AND VISION
Oinky Porky Hog Farm is committed to provide good quality, service and cleanliness through delivering and supplying healthy and disease-free pigs while securing the commitment of being an environmental friendly enterprise in the Filipino community.
Oinky Porky’s visions are to:
1) To be recognized as the leading supplier of good and in quality pigs and be able to get at least 60% of the piggery market.
2) To continue to deliver healthy and disease-free pigs.
3) To provide and achieve customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and cash flows.
COMPANY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1) To maintain the commitment on being an environment friendly enterprise.
2) To ensure on time delivery of the products.
3) To be able to realize present capital after 2-3 years.
4) To maintain affordable price compared to the benchmarking competitors.
5) To enhance the livelihood industry in Negros Occidental through the influence of our enterprise in the piggery industry.
6) To cut down cost and expenses through the use of pig manure to...