* Women don't wait for their dreams to come true. The possession of the dream is enough. * Women seek the horizon; men do not.
* Men use their voices and women do not.
2. When Janie returns to Eatonville, she is wearing
* The headrags that Joe made her wear
* Her blue satin wedding dress
* The same shoes that she left in
3. Who is Janie's life long best friend?
* Tea Cake
4. Janie wants Pheoby to relate her story to the townspeople on her behalf. We know this because she says * "An envious heart makes a treacherous ear."
* "The oldest of human longings is self revelation."
* "Two things everybody got tuh do fuh theyselves. They got tuh go tuh God, and they got tuh find out about livin' fuh theyselves." * "Mah tongue is in mah friend's mouf."
5. When Janie is a girl, she loves ...
* reading books; her friends call her "Alphabet."
* spending long hours talking to Nanny
* to spend the afternoons laying under a pear tree, staring into the branches * All of the above
6. According to Nanny, when does Janie become a woman?
* After she kisses Johnny Taylor
* After she is raped by her school teacher
* After her first period
* After she is mesmerized by the golden beauty of bees pollinating the pear blossoms 7. Why was Janie's mother named Leafy?
* Nanny hid her in the leafy moss when she ran away from the plantation * Janie's mother had green leafy eyes
* Nanny had sex with the plantation master when she was a slave in the leafy forests * All of the above