The White Horse of alih
The story happened on July 4
in a city with a parade of people.
- a Moro who plans for killing the people celebrating theFilipino- American Friendship Day
- the older brother of Alih who dictates him on what to doin every aspects of his life
- the village priest who tried to dissuade the two brothers,he explain to them that the prophets did not teach to do it
- girl who lived in the reservation area where theAmericans live-she is the first girl Alih liked
- a beautiful bar maid with a mole near her mouth- Alih likes her so much but the woman doesn’t like himbecause of his impertinent manner towards her. •
Alih did not want to kill but the fear he had for hisbrother
while he was growing urged him to the killings and alsobecause his brother taught him that killing will be their way towash away their shame and gain respect for their father haddied by the American soldiers without any reason.
when they decided to become merchants therewere rebels who stole their commodities
Rising Action -
He saw a float with a girl whom he thought of as Fermina. He went near the float and assisted the girl to godown to the ground and found out that it is Fermina when hesaw the little black mole on the corner of the girl’s mouth
As he was about to hold her completely, Omar camebut to his surprise, he was drunk and tipsy! All along, he realizedthat Omar had been drinking tuba. Omar was about to killFermina.
Alih kills his brother despite their plans to gainthe white horse for him to protect Fermina. •
the short story tells about the tradition, beliefs and faith of the Filipinos •
Point of View -
third person limited
Please join StudyMode to read the full document