The Use of Steroids in Professional Sports
To inform my audience of how the use of steroids are affective in professional sports. Thesis Statement:
It helps to understand how steroid use in professional sports affects both the sport and its audience in a positive and negative way. INTRODUCTION
“Winning is the only thing that matters in sports” -Vince Lombardi Thesis Statement:
It helps to understand how steroid use in professional sports affects both the sport and its audience in a positive and negative way. Preview:
Through many years of professional sports athletes have been using performance-enhancing drugs and this has affected these athletes in many ways. This may also have an influence on the audience in different ways. (Transition to body of speech: “Let’s begin by understanding “bad” steroids.”) BODY
First Main Point:
There are different types of steroids that can do bad things to your body. Subpoint A:
The type of steroid that is used in professional sports is called anabolic steroids. Sub-subpoints:
1. Anabolic steroids are synthetically produced variants of the naturally occurring male sex hormone testosterone.
2. They can be legally prescribed to treat conditions resulting from hormone deficiency. Subpoint B:
Anabolic steroids are often used by athletes and body builders to build muscle and improve athletic performance. Sub-subpoints:
1. There are many health problems that are related to anabolic steroids. 2. These health problems are:
* Breast growth and shrinking of testicles in men
* Voice deepening and growth of body hair in women
* Heart problems, including heart attacks
* Liver disease, including cancer
* Aggressive behavior
(Transition to second main point: “Now we will examine “good” steroids”)
Second Main Point:
Some steroids are meant to be taken to help your body.
1. Involved in regulating...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document