Your Geography assignment is due on the 10th April in class (if you are late in submitting the assignment you will be penalised).
1) NO SOFT COPIES, only hard copies, done in Times New Roman font, 12 point and double spaced will be considered.
2) Length should be approximately 1300-1500 words (excluding your bibliography and citations)
3) Due on 10/ April/ 2012 in class.
Please note that you should form standard modes of citation.
HERE IS THE ASSIGNMENT READ THIS CAREFULLY
To access the Hopi Indian Website:
1) Go to http://www.indigenousgeography.si.edu
2) Click on English
3) Click on Resources
4) Click on Supawlavi Village, Hopi Nation
5) You will find a number of topics there such as
a)Supawlavi Village, Hopi Nation Resources
Hopi Nation Site
Official site of the Hopi Nation offers information on lands, customs, government, tourism, and more. http://www.hopi.nsn.us/
b)Hopi Cultural Preservation Office
Homepage of this native outreach program offers information about Hopi culture, arts and crafts, and... http://www.nau.edu/~hcpo-p/
Newspaper of the Hopi Nation
Go through the entire website. The aim of this reading is to convey a Hopi sense of place as an integral system engaging myth and legend, oral tradition, place names, cultural practices, and society’s interconnection with the environment. The Hopi sense of place is distinct and different from our sense. Your task is to grasp the Hopi approach as a distinct human-environment system. Use the first two essays as a guide to write a cultural geography of Hopi Land.
You are free to use any website/ book/ article/ encyclopedia you want to as a source for your essay. The sites I provided are only a guide
Please join StudyMode to read the full document