ALTERNATIVE COURSES OF ACTION:
• The company should change its OJT program.
• The company should install an employee orientation program.
• The company can hire a more experienced person such as safety man or a safety consultant so that proper training can be given to the workers.
• Even if the job is just for summer, the company should hire a factory workers that will fit the job not high school or college students who are in vacation.
• There is no proper training for the employees and they are expected to perform their job after 5-10 minutes of orientation. The length of the training may vary on the complexity of the job. There must be a performance tryout for the employees so that they may be able to cope up fast to their working environment and the nature of their work. To avoid accidents, the OJT program must be the first priority.
• Employee orientation is the familiarization of the employee to the firm, its culture and job. It is a way to know the harmful and dangerous spots of the workplace. Even if there... Question 1. Evaluate the company’s on-the-job training program. Should it be changed? Houghton Refrigeration Company safety training program is very poorly organized. I disagree with their current process of hiring and training new employees. Houghton Refrigeration should not expect newly hired employees to learn a job within ten minutes and perform the job correctly without any prior knowledge of the product they are about to work on. Currently Houghton does not offer orientations. Houghton should offer newly hired employees an orientation where they are given a brief history of the company and the products it offers customers. Houghton should also offer training sessions during the first week of employment so employees can learn the company’s processes. Training sessions should be conducted by a member of management who is engaging and familiar with the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document