1. How should Mr. Durant assess the opportunities in various countries around the world? IN EVERY COUNTRY,
-THE COMPANY SHOULD ASSESS THE MARKET .
-DEFINE THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC PROFILE.
-IDENTIFY THE PRODUCTS DEMAND WHICH MATCHES THE MARKET.
-THEN POSITION THE CARREFOUR RETAIL OUTLETS.
2. Should Carrefour adopt Wal-Mart's strategy of "low prices everyday"? What would be the advantage or disadvantage of such a strategy? [NO CARREFOUR SHOULD NOT FOLLOW BLINDLY THE WAL-MART. ADVANTAGES
-it will gain some limited gain in the market entry. DISADVANTAGES
-it will not be able to match the supply chain strength of wal-mart. ======================
3. How could Carrefour differentiate itself from Wal-Mart?
CARREFOUR SHOULD POSITION ITSELF AS ‘’ MID UPMARKET’’ RETAILER AND OFFER PRODUCTS ACCORDINGLY. ======================
4. Identify cultures in selected countries that need to be considered in order to be successful? JAPAN
It is widely known for its traditional arts as well as its contemporary pop culture. -one must understand the buying behaviors and decision making of the individuals. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
1) The reengineering efforts of P&G focused on the business process system. Do you think other processes, such as the human system, or other managerial policies need to be considered in a process redesign?
CATEGORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE SET UP
2) What do you think was the reaction of the brand managers, who may have worked under the old system for many years, when the category management structure was installed?
-NEGATIVE REACTION FROM THE BRAND MANAGERS ARE EXPECTED. BRAND MANAGEMENT IS A STAFF FUNCTION , WHILE THE CATEGORY MANAGEMENT IS A LINE MANAGEMENT FUNCTION.
SUCH CHANGE NEEDS
-change management drive
Please join StudyMode to read the full document