In my opinion, the role of a trainer / assessor is:-
* Liaise with clients / learners and the sponsoring organisation. * Completing Individual learning plans with learners.
* Preparing session plans / Scheme of work.
* Conducting inductions where appropriate.
* Delivering of training sessions.
* Carry out one to one sessions.
* Conduct assessments and tests.
* Marking learners work and providing feedback to learners on progress throughout the course. * Complete assessment results forms that has to be submitted to awarding bodies within the stated deadline. * Complete course reports that have to be submitted to awarding body within the specified deadline. * Maintain learners’ attendance records.
* Handing out certificates at the end of course and submitting evaluation to the awarding body at the required time. * Carrying out duties including collection of enrolment forms that are forwarded to central administration by specified times. * A trainer / assessor is expected to monitor the behaviour of learners and advise management where incidents which causes concern to staff or learners. Such matters may include discrimination, bullying, equity issues, language and literacy problems that are affecting student performance. * Monitor classroom safety and OH&S issues (Duty of Care) and advices of matters that need to be reported for follow up in premises that have been provided by clients. * Must always source out ways of providing help and support for learners. * Must have an understanding of the Equality Act with the ability to set boundaries. * Excellent Time management skill
Plan for first 30 days at work|
Week 1| Date| Topics| Details| Time| Notes|
MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday| Getting to know the ethos of the organisation, | * Understand the rules and regulations * Who are my learners / my client group * My duties and...