1. Create constancy of purpose towards improvement of product and service, with the aim to become competitive, stay in business, and to provide jobs.
2. Adopt the new philosophy- we are in a new economic age. Western management must awaken to the challenge, learn their responsibilities and take on leadership for future change.
3. Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality. Eliminate the need for inspection on a mass basic by building quality into the product in the first place.
4. End the practice of awarding business on the basis of price tag. Instead, minimize total cost. Move towards a single supplier for any one item on a long term relationship of loyalty and trust.
5. Improve constantly and forever the system of production and service, to improve quality and productivity, and thus constantly decrease costs.
6. Institute training on the job.
7. Institute leadership (see point 12): the aim of supervision should be to help people, machines and gadgets to do a better job. Supervision of management, as well as supervision of production workers, is in need of overhaul.
8. Drive out fear, so that everyone may work effectively for the company.
9. Break down barriers between departments. People in research, design, sales and production must work as a team, to foresee problems of production and problems in use that may be encountered with the product or service.
10. Eliminate slogans, exhortations and targets for the workforces that ask for zero defects and new levels of productivity. Such exhortations only create adversarial relationship, as the bulk of the causes of low quality and low productivity belong to the system and thus lie beyond the power of the workforce.
11a. Eliminate work standards (quotas) on the factory floor; substitute leadership instead.
11b. Eliminate management by objectives, by numbers and by numerical goals; substitute leadership instead.
12a. Remove barriers that rob the hourly... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). The Relationship Between Leadership Styles and Motivation Level: a Study of Public Bank Berhad. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Relationship-Between-Leadership-Styles-And-988252.html
"The Relationship Between Leadership Styles and Motivation Level: a Study of Public Bank Berhad" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Relationship-Between-Leadership-Styles-And-988252.html>.
- MLA 7
"The Relationship Between Leadership Styles and Motivation Level: a Study of Public Bank Berhad." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2012. Web. 04 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Relationship-Between-Leadership-Styles-And-988252.html>.
"The Relationship Between Leadership Styles and Motivation Level: a Study of Public Bank Berhad." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Relationship-Between-Leadership-Styles-And-988252.html.